TEC DEEP INSTRUCTOR
Diving beyond recreational depths with open-circuit technical gear has allowed tec divers to discover amazing wrecks and photograph never-before-seen organisms. Tec Deep Instructors contribute to deep exploration by training the next generation of tec divers. When you earn this rating, you can conduct Discover Tec programs and teach Tec 40, Tec 45 and Tec 50 Diver courses.
To enroll in a Tec Deep Instructor course, you must:
- Be a renewed PADI Instructor
- Be a PADI Enriched Air Diver
- Be a PADI Enriched Air Instructor, or have completed a PADI Enriched Air Instructor course.
- Be a PADI Deep Specialty Instructor, or have completed a PADI Deep Specialty Instructor course.
- Have a minimum of 100 logged dives, with at least 20 enriched air dives, 25 dives deeper than 18 metres and 15 dives deeper than 30 metres
Prior to sending in your Tec Deep Instructor application, you must also:
- Be a renewed PADI Master Scuba Diver Trainer
- Be a PADI Enriched Air Instructor
- Be a PADI Deep Specialty Instructor
- Be a Tec 50 Diver
- Have assisted with at least one Tec 50 Diver course or one Tec 45 Diver course
- Have a minimum of 270 dives logged, with at least 25 stage decompression dives deeper than 40 metres
- Have certified a total of 10 or more PADI Deep Divers and/or PADI Enriched Air Divers.
- Have successfully completed the Tec Deep Instructor course exams.
- Meet a peer review waterskill requirement.
Course price includes hire of twin set, stage tanks, air fills and road transport to and from the dive centre
Dives off Gozo carry a supplement fee of €25
This course does not require boat charter as all the dives can be completed directly from shore.
If however you would like to visit any of our deeper wrecks which require boat charter then please note additional boat charter fees apply.
Manual, Slates and Certification fees are extra