For technical divers, using a sidemount configuration is becoming more common and it certainly is convenient for traveling, especially to locations where backmount isn’t available.
As a Tec Sidemount Instructor, you can teach the advantages of sidemount diving to tec divers or introduce scuba divers to tec diving with the Tec Sidemount Diver course.
To enroll in a Tec Sidemount Instructor course, you must:
- Be a renewed PADI Instructor
- Be a PADI Enriched Air Diver
- Be a PADI Enriched Air Instructor, or have completed a PADI Enriched Air Instructor course
- Be a PADI Deep Specialty Instructor, or have completed a PADI Deep Specialty Instructor course
- Have a minimum of 100 logged dives, with at least 20 enriched air dives, 25 dives deeper than 18 metres/60 feet and 15 dives deeper than 30 metres
- Be a Tec 45 Diver
Prior to sending in your Tec Sidemount Instructor application, you must also:
- Be a PADI Tec Instructor or higher rating
- Be a PADI Tec Sidemount Diver
- Have logged at least 20 technical sidemount dives including 10 with three or more cylinders
Tank hire, air fill and road transport to and from the dive sites is included.