As a PADI Divemaster, you’ll lead others as you supervise scuba diving activities and assist with diver training.
Whether you want to work at a faraway dive destination or close to home at a local dive shop, the adventure of a lifetime awaits you.
PADI Divemasters are respected dive professionals who are aligned with the largest and most respected dive organization in the world – PADI.
PADI Rescue Divers who are at least 18 years old may enroll in the PADI Divemaster course. You also need to have:
Emergency First Response Primary and Secondary Care (CPR and First Aid) training within the past 24 months.
A medical statement signed by a physician within the last 12 months.
At least 40 logged dives to begin the course and 60 dives to earn certification.
The PADI Divemaster course teaches you to be a leader and take charge of dive activities.
Through knowledge development sessions, waterskills exercises and workshops, and hands-on practical assessment, you develop the skills to organize and direct a variety of scuba diving activities.
Topics and practical workshops include:
- The role and characteristics of the PADI Divemaster
- Supervising dive activities and assisting with student divers
- Diver safety and risk management
- Divemaster conducted programs and specialized skills
- Business of diving and your career
- Awareness of the dive environment
- Dive setup and management
- Mapping an open water site
- Conducting dive briefings
- Organizing a search and recovery project and a deep dive
- Conducting a scuba review and skin diver course
- Assisting with Discover Scuba Diving and leading Discover Local Diving programs
All theory can be completed online prior to your arrival.
This course can be completed in 2 weeks however if you are not restricted with time we recommend a minimum of 3 weeks, as there are 2 additional courses we always recommmend to our divers:
PADI Deep Diver and the PADI Wreck Diver specialities
Malta is know for its amazing wrecks, and as our wrecks lie in 32-35 meters depth, these additional courses will allow you to extend your depth limit so you can make the most of your diving on Malta!
Price includes your tuition, dives, tank and weight hire and road transport to the dive site and back
Extras to consider:
PADI DM Materials €299
Accommodation for the duration of your training